We need as many people as possible to take part in the consultation and make the case that all regenerations fulfil the below criteria:
- Do not demolish good homes - let all residents have a balloted vote to approve or reject any (demolition) plan.
- No (net) loss of social housing units (including council and housing association for rent or lease) should be accepted.
- Rents need to stay at council 'social' rent levels - up to 80% market rents and shared ownership are not a substitute.
- All residents whatever tenure should have a say at every stage of any redevelopment.
- Right of return must be contractually enforceable.
- Advisors should be independent of landlord - GLA should pay and residents should have the right to de/select them. All technical and financial information about our estates to be made public.
- Leaseholders must have a right to return or receive full market value of their property
Comments will be taken by the Mayor's office until the DEADLINE of 14th March.
Or write in to:
Estate Regeneration consultation
Housing & Land Directorate
The Queen’s Walk London
London Estates and Campaigners Residents Forum
10.02.2017, 18:00 - 20:30 London Living Room, City Hall, Queen's Walk SE1 2AA